Manufacturing Engineer I
Supports production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment. Spends the majority of time, up to 90%, on shop floor resolving manufacturing related issues. Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks. Performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process re-engineering. May interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement.
- -Applies basic knowledge of the design of organization’s products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems. Selects the best method or process from among several existing alternatives.
- -Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.
- -Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve moderately complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.
- -Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- -Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- -Applies basic lean/six sigma principals to drive improvements to production processes.
- -Interacts with employees located at multiple facilities across the country. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Minimum required education: Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Technical discipline) .
- -Hands-on floor support experience, working with shop employees
- -Mechanical background
- Experience in root cause/corrective action preventive action Preferred Skills and Education —Experience with military vehicles
- -Welding experience
- -Experience working in a collaborative, team based environment
- -Lean manufacturing experience
- -Integration and Test Experience About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top