Manufacturing Engineer I
The Manufacturing Engineer position will be responsible for supporting the Manual Machine Operators at the York, Pennsylvania site.
- Provide engineering support for manual drill operations and possibly weld processes in the manufacture of combat products.
- Train and guide operators on the manufacturing processes.
- Develop concepts, designs, performance, and fabrication, test, and modifications for these products.
- Recommend and purchase perishable tools for manual machine operation.
- Prepare and conduct engineering analysis of manual machine procedures, engaged in weld procedure, and performance qualifications.
- Develop or contributes to the creation of machine procedures, processes and specifications.
Develop special portable repairs as necessary and order perishable tooling for manual operation.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must have Fabrication experience in a production environment.
- Capable of working with current computer applications, CAD programs, and model manipulation.
- Possesses an understanding of equipment and technologies relevant to manual machining operation and possible weld operation.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems that require a professional level of mechanical engineering knowledge and manufacturing processes.
- Need to work well in a team environment
Ability to interface with customer (both internal and external)
Preferred Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Familiarity with relevant military and commercial weld standards a plus
- Understanding of geometric tolerance (GD&T)
- Moderate knowledge of weld processes.
- Previous practice with lean/6sigma concepts as applied to manufacturing beneficial.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top