Performs Manufacturing Engineering/Industrial Engineering activities in support of the Printed Circuit Assembly Manufacturing Area. Develops and assists in the implementation of cost effective manufacturing methods, testing and flow of material utilizing lean manufacturing principles and techniques. Work as part of a team to perform continuous improvement activities in support of quality, cost and schedule objectives. Improves Manufacturing Process Control utilizing Statistical Process Control (SPC) Techniques.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops basic work instructions, software, and procedures in support of manufacturing processes.
2. Researches manufacturing work flows to maintain efficient manpower & equipment utilization while utilizing Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
3. Provides manufacturing process documentation and training of manufacturing personnel on assigned manufacturing processes.
4. Identifies continuous improvement opportunities in manufacturing work flow while working as part of and/or leading a team.
5. Conducts process measurements, utilizes SPC to improve process control.
6. Assist in preparing justification(s) of capital and expense equipment.
7. Become proficient in use Oracle, Discoverer, Apex and/or other manufacturing support systems/software.
8. Become familiar with engineering designs and impact on producibility.
9. Become familiar with supply chain relationship to manufacturing. Work as a team to improve supply chain systems such as 2 bin replenishment systems and point of use material processes.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor of Science Degree in a related Technical Field
1. Exhibit initiative, self-motivation and be able to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision. 2. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties. 3. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; 4. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers; 5. Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents; 6. Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations; 7. Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule; 8. Design and develop products and services using state-of-the-art technology, principles, theories and concepts.) Preferred Skills and Education 1. Knowledge of and ability to work with computer software such as Microsoft Excel, Access, Oracle, Apex and Minitab/SPC to optimize data collection and operations metrics reporting. 2. Experience with lean manufacturing concepts. 3. Experience with point of use material and 2-bin system replenishment systems 4. Experience with statistical process control (SPC) in manufacturing. 5. Ability to lead a team of manufacturing personnel (hourly and support) to identify and resolve issues for continuous improvement of manufacturing processes. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top