Provides technical support to manufacturing and related functions. Researches, develops, and improves manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials. Develops and tests work methods and procedures, ensuring performance and quality of materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards. Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- -Creates, plans, and performs engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and/or product assurance tasks of moderate complexity for assigned portions of a project. Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- -Applies engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques and practices to a portion of a technical project.
- -Applies basic knowledge of the design of organization’s products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems. Selects the best method or process from among several existing alternatives.
- -Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.
- -Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve moderately complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.
- -Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- -Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree (technical discipline) plus two years of relevant work experience
- -Hands-on floor support experience, working with shop employees
- Experience in root cause/corrective action preventive action
- -Experience working in a collaborative, team based environment
Preferred Skills and Education —Knowledgeable in processes of spray painting military or commercial vehicles and equipment
- -Familiar with commercial blast room equipment and bead blasting of military or commercial vehicles
- -Experience with military vehicles
- -Gage and equipment calibration and control ISO 9001-2008
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top