Performs Manufacturing Engineering/Industrial Engineering activities in support of the Manufacturing Area. Develops and assists in the implementation of cost effective manufacturing methods, testing and flow of material utilizing lean manufacturing principles and techniques. Work as part of a team to perform continuous improvement activities in support of quality, cost and schedule objectives. Improves Manufacturing Process Control utilizing Statistical Process Control (SPC) Techniques.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree
1. Develops basic work instructions, software, and procedures in support of manufacturing processes.
2. Researches manufacturing work flows to maintain efficient manpower & equipment utilization while utilizing Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
3. Provides manufacturing process documentation and training of manufacturing personnel on assigned manufacturing processes.
4. Identifies continuous improvement opportunities in manufacturing work flow while working as part of and/or leading a team.
5. Conducts process measurements, utilizes SPC to improve process control.
6. Assist in preparing justification(s) of capital and expense equipment.
7. Become proficient in use Oracle, Discoverer, Apex and/or other manufacturing support systems/software.
8. Become familiar with engineering designs and impact on producibility.
9. Become familiar with supply chain relationship to manufacturing. Work as a team to improve supply chain systems such as 2 bin replenishment systems and point of use material processes. Preferred Skills and Education 1. Knowledge of and ability to work with computer software such as Microsoft Excel, Access, Oracle, Apex and Minitab/SPC to optimize data collection and operations metrics reporting. 2. Experience with lean manufacturing concepts. 3. Experience with point of use material and 2-bin system replenishment systems 4. Experience with statistical process control (SPC) in manufacturing. 5. Ability to lead a team of manufacturing personnel (hourly and support) to identify and resolve issues for continuous improvement of manufacturing processes. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top