Manager: Weld Engineer - Training
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Weld Engineering Training Manager. In this role, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for updating and maintaining existing training programs for Welder learners, Welders, and Welding Operators. The Engineering Manager will also identify and implement new training programs as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of five to seven (5-7) Weld Engineers and/or Technologists of varying experience;
- Oversight of Welder Performance Qualification and its maintenance;
- Management of the training programs which supplement Welder Performance Qualification;
- Monitoring of Welder Performance and training programs for four BAE Systems locations including:
- York, Pennsylvania (hub)
- Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Aiken, South Carolina
- Anniston, Alabama
- Management of the in-house Welder Training Center which includes staffing, scheduling, and capital procurement.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- In addition to a bachelors degree in Weld Engineering, position requires AWS Certified Welding Inspector (or equivalent);
- Experience working to AWS D1.1, D1.2 or equivalent defense standards;
- Working knowledge of Welder Performance Qualification processes and requirements;
- Ability to support ~10% travel to other BAE Systems site as listed above.
- Excellent communicator capable of disseminating information across multiple teams and functions;
- SharePoint literacy is highly useful in this role;
- Experience working with advanced record-keeping software preferred;
- Prior experience in providing direction and training to direct and indirect reports a plus.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top