BAE Systems in Nashua, NH is looking for a Subcontracts Manager to join our team.
The Subcontracts Manager would be responsible for the administration and management of subcontracted systems for a major classified program. Prepares/reviews proposals, develops evaluation criteria, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts. Negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts and is required to ensure performance and support of the contract milestones. Prepares and administers all required internal reports.
1. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties
2. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
3. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers
4. Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents
5. Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Bachelors’ Degree and 8 years of experience working in subcontracts
Candidates must have knowledge of FAR/DFAR
Must have at least 5 years of experience working in subcontracts within the defense industry Preferred Skills and Education Experience managing a small team About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top