The BAE Systems York, Pennsylvania site of Combat Vehicles is seeking a Quality Manager. Supporting the 1st shift, the manager will oversee all production inspection activities related to safety, quality, cost, and schedule. The position primarily supports on the manufacturing floor in large structures machining and welding.
- Ensures the production area delivers a quality product to the customer utilizing proven and effective best business practices;
- Manages process improvement and development, planning, execution of production inspection schedules and content, and administrative operations;
- Leads a team of employees via hiring, training, developing, coaching, evaluating;
- Acts as a liaison with other departments, manufacturing teams, and the customer;
- Leads the long-range strategic planning process by overseeing and managing all manufacturing inspection operations;
- Communicates the customer's requirements into cost-effective, state-of-the-art manufacturing inspection strategies and processes;
- Develops quality-related plans, budgets, policies and procedures;
- Maintains safety and regulatory compliance relating to the production facility.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must have experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- Familiarity working with bargaining units / unionized employees;
- Leadership skill managing, training, coaching, guiding, and coordinating the activities of up to thirty-five (35) bargaining unit Quality Auditor employees (QPAA&T and QPAF&M);
- Ability to foster and promote harmonious employee relations;
- Possess skills to successfully plan, coordinate, follow-up, report, and evaluate the activities required to inspect the quality of parts manufactured in an assigned area;
- Capable of problem solving technical issues using logic and reasoning;
- Ability to execute, follows through, and deliver on results;
- Computer literate in database management and MS Office, specifically Excel;
- Able to articulate messages to all levels of staff and customers using clear communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to problem solve technical issues using logic and reasoning
- Experience working in a defense manufacturing environment greatly beneficial;
- Previous background with high exposure to welding and large structure machining would be a plus;
- Certified Welding Inspector helpful;
- Experience with operating Precision Laser inspection equipment a plus;
- Black or Green Belt desirable.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top