Manager, Modeling & Simulation Department
BAE Systems is looking for well qualified professionals to join our team for an exciting opportunity to support the procurement of the USAF GBSD (Ground Based Strategic Deterrent) ICBM program. The ICBM System Program Office must prepare a sustainment and acquisition concept to ensure a safe, secure and reliable MM III weapon system as required by the war fighter (Air Force Global Strike Command) through 2030. This activity replaces the current ICBM Prime Integration Contract (IPIC) and is identified as the Future ICBM Sustainment and Acquisition Construct (FISAC). The Integration Support Contract (ISC) will not only assist in acquisition and technical sustainment engineering, but also help train and develop this capability in the government. This contract will augment organic resources by providing breadth and depth of capabilities for system engineering and integration, risk management, technical assessment, acquisition program management, strategy development, organization and change management, interface with operations and logistics, business analysis, mission effectiveness, and ICBM Demonstration/Validation (Dem/Val) Integrated Applications Programs.
The position will be located at Hill AFB, Utah.
A manager for the Modeling and Simulation Department is being sought to perform the following responsibilities:
1. Manage a growing group of aerospace analysts within the Systems Engineering & Integration functional group. The Modeling and Simulation department currently consists of nine people, but is growing. Disciplines include missile trajectory, civil engineering for ground structures, propulsion ballistics and thrust vector control, structures, heat transfer, guidance, electrical and electronic systems, and software engineering. Establish work scope and schedules to meet customer and upper management expectations.
2. Create and maintain a meaningful analytical architecture, tying modeling and simulation together in a logical manner to reflect interdependencies and sequences, which would become the foundation of the Model Based System Engineering analytical approach.
3. Have the ability to win the trust of company management, government customers, and the analysts in the department. This would be done while meeting all business and program objectives with high quality deliverables on time.
4. Establish plans to staff the department with needed expertise. Be responsible for budgets, forecasts, and financial performance.
5. Follow and add to the existing road map to acquire the right software tools to evaluate the design concepts that will be proposed for the weapon system.
6. Perform specific analyses at times in a discipline the manager brings to the position.
7. Review contractor-provided models and analyses for proper technical content. Include analytical results in the Technical Maturation & Risk Reduction program to improve the weapon system throughout its development and operational life cycle. Provide oral and written evaluations of internal and external analyses to the highest levels of the DoD to justify the soundness of the project’s technical positions at important program milestones.
8. Operate in a Model-Based Systems Engineering environment that will influence each decision to be made. Have the ability to be agile on a quick-moving technical program with many stakeholders.
9. Coordinate across other product and process-oriented IPTs (Integrated Product Teams) to meet ultimate program goals.
10. Support USAF uniformed and civilian leadership in program development.
11. Conceive, communicate, and execute courses of action to help teams achieve program goals under highly dynamic situations.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other technical discipline.
15+ years (13+ years with MS degree) of progressive experience in aerospace analysis of military hardware and systems.
Excellent cognitive, communications, and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Skills and Education MS or PhD in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other technical discipline is highly desired.
ICBM Weapon System experience.
Model-Based Systems Engineering coursework or experience.
Clearance. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top