The BAE Systems site in Anniston, Alabama supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Materials Manager . In this role, the Materials Manager is responsible for the direct supervision of a team of seven, both salaried and bargaining unit employees, while overseeing the management of processes, systems, and data related to:
- Material planning in a government contractor environment;
- Compliance to Material Management Accounting Systems (MMAS) standards under DFARS 252.242-7004;
- Material handling and inventory management (including government furnished materials);
- Work in process, material flow, and replenishment processes in a manufacturing / assembly environment;
- A heavy manufacturing environment.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Proven working knowledge of MMAS concepts and best practices;
- Solid understanding of business systems and processes in an assembly environment;
- Proficiency working with integrated ERP systems;
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite;
- Highly effective communication both verbal and written;
- Leadership skills to manage, develop, direct, coach, and mentor a team;
- Keen customer-focused mindset with the ability to respond and anticipate needs;
- Results-oriented with the ability to perform and succeed in a fast-paced, heavy manufacturing environment;
- Budget management.
A bachelor's degree in Business with a Supply Chain concentration is ideal;
- Background in safety training a plus;
- Lean manufacturing experience greatly valued;
- APICS training preferred;
- Experience using the Oracle ERP system a bonus!
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top