Manager, Inc. SHE Operations
Responsible for the implementation and coordination of the BAE Systems Inc., safety, health and environment (SHE) program for sites under the management of Inc. Headquarters. The successful candidate shall report to Inc SHE management and will coordinate all SHE services delivered to Inc. HQ sites. In addition, the selected candidate shall manage corporate programs as requested by management, including the OSHENS SHE management system.
The selected candidate shall be resident at one of the Inc. HQ sites and report to the Inc. Director of Safety, Health and Environment.
Basic Job Functions
Develop, implement and maintain programs to reduce or eliminate SHE risk and maintain compliance with applicable regulatory standards and company requirements.
Primary Job duties
1. Serve as the lead SHE person to oversee and coordinate all SHE services delivered to the sites
2. Support the Site Executive and functional management develop and deliver SHE programs, targets and objectives to the sites
3. Ensure and support SHE compliance
4. Advocate for engraining and enhancing the SHE culture
5. Work with site personnel as an advocate for risk reduction and improved SHE performance
6. Serve as subject matter expert for one or more assigned SHE programs.
a. OSHENS SHE management database (Inc-wide duty).
b. Emergency Actions (fire/first aid/BCM)
d. Waste Management
7. Leads investigation of SHE incidents, near misses and unsafe conditions. Collects data and develops written reports.
8. Conducts SHE inspections and audits, both at the site level and at other sites as requested by Inc. SHE management.
9. Develops SHE procedures for Inc. HQ sites. Promotes SHE awareness through written and verbal methods.
10. Develops and provides training for Inc. HQ employees.
11. Performs other duties as required
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education 1) Broad background and experience in SHE disciplines
2) Incident investigation and OSHA Log management
3) Good written and verbal communication skills
4) Ability to travel
5) Proficient in wide ranging computer skills
6) SHE Auditing experience
7) Ability to work self-directed Preferred Skills and Education Background in SHE data management systems, preferential to OSHENS experience
Experience working with Safety Culture frameworks, preferential to SMM experience
Experience in Business Continuity Management (BCM)
Education focused on SHE, Science or Engineering
SHE Certifications desired About BAE Systems, Inc. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top