Manager II Operations Proposal Group
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and guidance to the centralized Operations Proposal Group (OPG) within Operations consisting of 44 staff members, 5 of which are direct reports, 7 are dotted line from finance, that produces approximately 1,600 proposals annually across all Electronic Systems' US Defense Business Areas. This deputy role will oversee the recurring operations and functions of the organization as well as make work assignments and coordinate necessary special efforts. In addition, this role will help realize key strategies to improve the connection of the OPG to left-shift supply chain strategies enabling better supply chain performance, execution, and productivity. The OPG staff is comprised of five interactive sub-functions that ensure every proposal meets the requirements of the Federal Acquisition Regulations Part 15 and our internal procurement and Finance policies.
With the Director, set annual objectives, process improvement projects and overall execution strategy for the OPG.
Included within the OPG are:
• dedicated Business Area (BA) leads who work closely with each BA Proposal team;
• the Procurement arm of the OPG is responsible for pricing out all the material related to each Proposal, this group rolls-up, analyzes and submits over 650,000 quotes per year;
• the Supplier Cost Analysis staff responsible for providing Cost and/or Pricing Data for all suppliers and price analysis support;
• the Finance staff (matrixed in) which provides all Labor bidding and Basis of Estimates for Manufacturing and Operations supports, both recurring and non-recurring; and
• the Operations Product Definition team. This group ensures PDM & Oracle ERP integrity of data attributes, provides technical interface to Engineering - PDM, Manufacturing - Ops Systems, and BAE IT in the areas of product configuration and system effectiveness.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations with respect to U.S. Government Proposals and Programs
- Experience leading procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation
- Understanding of material solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Proven leadership and organizational change experience
- Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a "make it happen" attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Pursuant to a government contract this position required US Citizenship
Willingness and desire for continuous improvement.
- Well versed with Oracle ERP system.
- Cost Analysis experience (COPD, CID, Competitive)
- 12 plus years' experience in operations, supply chain, procurement.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top