Manager, Hardware Engineering Technicians
BAE Systems is seeking a Hardware Engineering Manager to oversee Engineering Technicians.
The work we do at BAE Systems matters. We create innovative technologies and solutions that give our military and commercial customers an edge. We seek strong technical engineers with passion and integrity, the ability to solve complex problems, and an interest in making a significant impact. Are you up for the challenge? It's more than a job. It's inspired work.
This position requires strong demonstrated interpersonal skills, broad technical leadership expertise, and broad management experience. In the functional role, the candidate leader is responsible for overseeing a team of Engineering Technicians. In the program execution role, this position requires direct program support in the areas of Engineering design, analysis, testing, and support of the product through the lifecycle, as needed.
- Manage a small group of 10 to 15 Engineering technicians.
- Supervises and Mentors Technicians in their day to day activities.
- Estimates manpower needs, schedules and allocates work to meet completion dates; identifies precedents to be followed and evaluates results obtained to ensure progress is maintained to achieve specified aims
- Maintains some liaison with supporting groups in the company and customer personnel to answer inquiries, exchange information and resolve technical difficulties associated with the project
- Reviews performance of subordinates and recommends personnel actions as needed
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Experience with working with Technicians and peers in setting up scheduling, managing of small groups, cost accounts, and working within laboratory environments.
- Experience in leading Engineering technicians, Cost Account managing, Scheduling, Managing of small design groups.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top