Manager, Finance Tools
The finance organization is a trusted business partner delivering information and innovative solutions for decision-making in order to deliver quality products and capabilities to our customers and, ultimately, the warfighter. We are committed to employee growth and development allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
Finance Business Systems focuses on improving our operational efficiency and laying the foundation for our future vision of Finance. The team partners across Finance and other functions to identify areas of opportunity to improve and supports integrated initiatives. In addition, the team provides day to day operational support as required. Finance Business Systems provides a well-rounded role which involving various facets of finance, integrated processes/systems and project management.
- Collaborate with end-users, management, vendors, and IT across the organization in support of the program process and tools including Deltek Cobra/wInsight, ProPricer and Hyperion
- Responsible for software upgrades, system setups/configuration, ensuring system stability/uptime and user communication
- Teams with Finance process owners and IT to develop solutions to a variety of complex process improvement initiatives and leads initiatives identified on the systems roadmap throughout the lifecycle including process flow evaluation, business requirements identification, documentation, functional & user acceptance test, cutover, go-live implementation and post go live support
- Understands application capabilities and partners with business subject matter experts to determine how features will be used and implemented.
- Actively seeks to broaden knowledge base by assessing the 'art of the possible' and bringing ideas forward for consideration
- Responsible for executing testing efforts and driving issue resolution associated critical initiatives such as ERP 12 upgrade and business integrations
- Interfaces with vendors to troubleshoot issues and bug fixes, product enhancements, etc.
- Supports internal and external audits
Required Skills and Education
- Excellent in quantitative, analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with Program Control software such as Deltek Cobra/wInsight, EBS ProPricer, and Oracle Hyperion tools as well as the overall program process
- Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplined teams to maximize effective use of business processes and tools
- Ability to lead/manage complex projects a must
- Audit experience preferred
- Basic EVM knowledge preferred
- Experience with project scheduling tools such as Oracle Primavera, MS Project.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top