Maintenance Person Mechanical (3rd Shift)
The York site of BAE Systems is presently seeking a Maintenance Person Mechanic to support the 3rd Shift operation, 10:00 pm to 6:30 am. Weekend work occasional. Position is union represented.
- Inspecting, dismantling, repairing, adjusting, reassembling, and installing all mechanical and hydraulic equipment used in production areas throughout the plant using machining tools, metal fabricating equipment, material-handling equipment, positioners, replacement parts and related hardware, miscellaneous machine and packing materials, and lubricants.
- Using power and hand tools such as drill presses, lathes, threading machines, hydraulic presses, grinders, wrenches, saws, hydraulic jacks, slings, cables, chains, block and tackle, hammers, screwdrivers and pliers. On occasion, uses jib and overhead cranes (i.e. pendulum and radio controlled), welding and burning equipment, mobile tractors and trucks.
- Receiving and working from instructions and work orders from Process Supervisor, Assistant Process Supervisor, Lead Person or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Determining and obtaining necessary tools, materials and equipment to perform the assigned job.
- Performing work in such a manner as to minimize interruption of production during repair or installation operations.
- Operating drill presses, threading machines, hydraulic presses, burning and welding equipment (tack and rough weld) as required to perform repair or installation duties.
- Operating mobile tractors, trucks, overhead (pendulum and radio controlled) and jib cranes, as required, to transport and position replacement parts or equipment.
- Re-assembling, testing and adjusting mechanical equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics.
- Assisting garage maintenance person in repair duties, as occasion demands.
- Returning to designated maintenance storage areas all tools, materials and equipment not in use.
- Using personal computers or data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code) as required.
- Keeping work area clean and safe.
Must have experience with:
- Working off written work instructions;
- Determining and obtaining the necessary tools, materials and equipment to perform the assigned job.
- Operating drill presses, threading machines, hydraulic presses, burning and welding equipment;
- Operating mobile tractors, trucks, overhead (pendulum and radio controlled) and jib cranes;
- Re-assembling, testing, and adjusting mechanical equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics;
- Personal computers or data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code).
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top