Maintenance Person Mechanical (3rd Shift)
The York site of BAE Systems is presently seeking a Maintenance Person Mechanic to support the 3rd Shift operation, 10:00 pm to 6:30 am. Weekend work occasional. Position is union represented.
- Inspecting, dismantling, repairing, adjusting, reassembling, and installing all mechanical and hydraulic equipment used in production areas throughout the plant using machining tools, metal fabricating equipment, material-handling equipment, positioners, replacement parts and related hardware, miscellaneous machine and packing materials, and lubricants.
- Using power and hand tools such as drill presses, lathes, threading machines, hydraulic presses, grinders, wrenches, saws, hydraulic jacks, slings, cables, chains, block and tackle, hammers, screwdrivers and pliers. On occasion, uses jib and overhead cranes (i.e. pendulum and radio controlled), welding and burning equipment, mobile tractors and trucks.
- Receiving and working from instructions and work orders from Process Supervisor, Assistant Process Supervisor, Lead Person or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Determining and obtaining necessary tools, materials and equipment to perform the assigned job.
- Performing work in such a manner as to minimize interruption of production during repair or installation operations.
- Operating drill presses, threading machines, hydraulic presses, burning and welding equipment (tack and rough weld) as required to perform repair or installation duties.
- Operating mobile tractors, trucks, overhead (pendulum and radio controlled) and jib cranes, as required, to transport and position replacement parts or equipment.
- Re-assembling, testing and adjusting mechanical equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics.
- Assisting garage maintenance person in repair duties, as occasion demands.
- Returning to designated maintenance storage areas all tools, materials and equipment not in use.
- Using personal computers or data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code) as required.
- Keeping work area clean and safe.
High School/GED plus five (5) years of industrial mechanical experience in conjunction with a JOURNEYMAN CARD or a DEGREE or an APPRENTICESHIP in a trade field from an accredited vocational technical school.
Required Skills and Education
Must have experience with:
- Working off written work instructions;
- Determining and obtaining the necessary tools, materials and equipment to perform the assigned job.
- Operating drill presses, threading machines, hydraulic presses, burning and welding equipment;
- Operating mobile tractors, trucks, overhead (pendulum and radio controlled) and jib cranes;
- Re-assembling, testing, and adjusting mechanical equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics;
- Personal computers or data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code).
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top