Maintenance Person Electrical (1st Shift)
—Inspect, tests, dismantles and performs electrical repairs andmaintenance duties on the plant production equipment and office buildings.
- -Receives instructions and work orders from Process Supervisor, assistantProcess Supervisor, Lead Person or Self Directed Work Team.
- -Ability to interpret wiring diagrams, drawings, sketches and work orders todetermine isolation of electrical circuits to minimize interruptions ofproduction during repair or installation operations.
- -Determines, obtains and transports necessary tools, materials and equipmentusing mobile lifts or trucks as required.
- -Installs electrical wiring, electrical heating units, motor and machinerycontrols, power and lighting transformers.
- -Makes electrical adjustments and repairs minor mechanical deficiencies inplant equipment such as welding machines, cranes, electrical tools, buildingelectrical circuits, air conditioners, public address systems, etc.
Ability to utilize electrical test equipment, hand and power tools, drillpresses, pipe threading machines, soldering equipment, pipe benders, powerscaffold, fork trucks, panel trucks, lathes, arbor presses and mobile powerlifts. Personal computer and other data acquisition devises.
Minimum Education and Experience Required education: High School/GED plus five years of industrial electrical experience or Electrical Journeyman Certification and 5 years industrial electrical experience. Required Skills and Education color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:
AR-SA”>Ability to interpret wiring diagrams, drawings, sketches and work
orders to determine isolation of electrical circuits to minimize interruptions
of production during repair or installation operations.
Ability to utilize electrical test equipment, hand and power tools,
drill presses, pipe threading machines, soldering equipment, pipe benders,
power scaffold, fork trucks, panel trucks, lathes, arbor presses and mobile
Personal computer and other data acquisition device experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
- color:#333333”>Ability to trouble-shoot, repair and maintain AC and DC motors
and generators, transformers, circuit breakers, rectifiers, electronic
equipment, control panels, starters, switches, lighting equipment, power
distribution and control circuits, conduit fittings , wire and cable, hardware,
insulation solder, replace parts, etc.
- color:#333333”>Technology degree in related field.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top