Maintenance Person Electrical
The York site of BAE Systems is presently seeking a Maintenance Person Electrical to support the 3rd Shift operation, 10:00 pm to 6:30 am. Weekend work occasional. Position is union represented.
Position supports entire plant for electrical needs.
- Performing all work to safe working standards and actively engage safe working culture. Perform LOTO
- Performing electrical repairs, maintenance, inspection, testing, dismantling and installing of site production equipment and building infrastructure.
- Respond to down production equipment and repair in an expedient manner.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on production equipment i.e., cranes, welders, positioners, lathes, mills, and site infrastructure.
- Performing maintenance duties on the plant production equipment, Infrastructure and office buildings.
- Installing electrical wiring, electrical heating units, motor and machinery controls, power and lighting transformers;
- Making electrical adjustments and repairs to plant equipment such as welding machines, cranes, positioners, lathe & mills.
- Receiving and working from instructions and work orders from Maintenance Supervisor, planner, or Self Directed Work Team.
- Interpreting wiring diagrams, drawings, sketches and work orders to determine isolation of electrical circuits to minimize interruptions of production during repair or installation to operations.
- Ability to perform installations of services to code.
- Determining, obtaining, and transporting necessary tools, materials and equipment using mobile lifts or trucks as required;
• Trouble shoot and resolve production equipment issues at root cause level on positioners, electrical tools, building's electrical circuits, air conditioners, HVAC, Cranes, public address systems, etc.
- Returning to designated areas all tools, materials and equipment not in use;
- Using personal computers or data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code) as required
- Identify required materials for electrical installations and repairs.
- Active participant in organization striving for operational excellence.
- Keeping work area clean and safe.
Required Skills and Education
Must have experience with:
- Electrical test equipment, hand and power tools, drill presses, pipe threading machines, soldering equipment, pipe benders, power scaffold, fork trucks, panel trucks, lathes, arbor presses and mobile power lifts.
- Interpreting wiring diagrams, drawings, sketches and work orders to determine isolation of electrical circuits to minimize interruptions of production during repair or installation operations.
- Trouble-shooting, repairing and maintaining AC and DC motors and generators, transformers, circuit breakers, rectifiers, electronic equipment, control panels, starters, switches, lighting equipment, power distribution and control circuits, conduit fittings, wire and cable, hardware, insulation solder, replace parts, etc.
- Personal computers (basic literacy) and other data acquisition devices.
HVAC experience or certification desirable
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top