Maintenance Mechanic IV
Candidates must be able to work with limited supervision on a daily basis performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and basic electrical systems. Candidate will be expected to work 40 hours each week and overtime as needed.
Other job duties include:
- Maintain preventative and corrective maintenance files
- Identify repair parts
- Operate forklifts and aerial lifts
- Refuel generators, forklifts, trucks, and high reach equipment
- Minimum of 2 years rolling stock equipment maintenance experience
- Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and
- Installing, troubleshooting, inspecting, repairing, and maintaining shop equipment including pumps, hydraulic
systems and controls, pneumatic systems, controls and instrumentation, lathes, boring machines, saws, milling
machines, and similar plant machinery and equipment.
- Maintain highest quality standards of workmanship
- Complete assigned work safely and efficiently per BAE Company Procedures and Policy.
- Disassembly and assembly of shop machinery and other equipment as directed
- Read and understand all types of schematics and equipment manuals to effectively identify parts and perform
preventative maintenance as per Manufacturer instructions
- Repair and assembly of machinery and equipment which require close tolerances and precise set up procedures
- Experience with use of precision measurement tools
- Use of instrumentation/calibration procedures as required
- Apply skills and knowledge to monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot
- Other responsibilities include various shop work using metalworking tools such as a lathe, mill, drill press, hydraulic
press, and welding
- Must have ability to use and experience in using a variety of hand tools and power hand tools
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
Minimum of three years of Industrial Maintenance experience;
Must have a high school diploma or GED; Highly motivated and eager to learn; Ability to use Windows based computer software a plus.
Must be willing to work varying shifts. K nowledge of machine shop equipment including repair and maintenance.
Must be highly motivated and able to work independently with only general supervision.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top