Maintenance Mechanic II
Perform general facilities maintenance and repair. Ensure all work performed to acceptable quality standards. Operate forklift and other vehicles.
- Patrol the grounds every AM looking for trash, ensure all dumpsters are closed.
- Assists in the installation and maintenance of a wide variety of pumps, blowers, motors, machine shop and other mechanical equipment.
- Maintains building surfaces, roofs, walkways, stairs, roadways and fences.
- Maintains grounds as required. Operates mowing, fertilizing, and pruning and other equipment.
- Maintain landscape equipment in accordance with PM schedule.
- Ensure proper level of fuels and supplies are on hand for site operations.
- Works from blueprints, equipment drawings, schematics and verbal instructions.
- Repairs, lubricates and performs preventative maintenance activities on a variety of sophisticated equipment.
- Assists in the collection, sorting and storing of hazardous waste materials.
- May be required to clean and service equipment that may contain hazardous substances and to participate in the sorting and accumulation of hazardous waste materials in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain the fleet of BAE vehicles. Perform vehicle inspections, routine maintenance, and oversee repairs as necessary. Ensure all vehicles are registered and have proper insurance cards.
- Work with contractors for tree maintenance, pond care, and pest control.
- Become qualified as the backup HAZMAT handler. Maintain respirator and perform chemical handler duties in the absence or in assistance of the main chemical handler.
- Carries on call phone an responds to after hour emergencies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education
Requires a High School or Trade School diploma or its equivalent and at least three (3) years of general maintenance experience.
Preferred Skills and Education Valid Texas drivers license About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top