BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyard is hiring Maintenance Helper in our Maintenance Department. The candidate will report directly to the Craft Manager. The candidate will also interact with the company’s, program team members (ship superintendents, project managers, program managers, etc.) craft managers and other Craft Departments.
Responsible for assisting with the preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance, including but not limited to the manufacture, troubleshooting, installing, assembling, and dismantling performing of all other related jobs to, thereto on all facility grounds & buildings, automobiles, light trucks, heavy trucks, heavy equipment, man lifts, material handling equipment, electric carts, gas carts, portable tools, mobile shop equipment, stationary shop equipment, compressors, ice machine, air conditioners and office doors.
Assisting and responsible for setting up temporaries services, such as lights and ventilation
Assisting with minor electrical repairs and maintenance
Conducts fueling and assist with fuel farm operations.
Operates and uses basic hand tools to perform work safely and efficiently.
Responsible to check fluid levels on company vehicles.
Support in maintaining and cleaning facility grounds, equipment and systems.
Perform similar, incidental and other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a U.S. citizen or naturalized citizen
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Must be able to board all ships and enter all spaces regardless of size to complete inspections and ensure compliance of safety rules
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings. · Handle physically demanding environments (rain, wind, heat, heights, confined spaces, etc.) · Must have the ability to climb vertical ladders up to 100 feet and enter confined/enclosed spaces
- Must be able to understand verbal and written English instructions, perform them safely, correctly and in a timely manner
- Capable of continuously lifting up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Having a good understanding in proper use of various hand tools
- Capable of obtaining government security clearance to perform work on military contracts, if necessary
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top