BAE Systems Combat Vehicles has a current opening for a Maintenance Manager to support the site located in Anniston, AL.
Oversees and manages all assigned Facilities Maintenance group activities regarding salary and skilled trades personnel. Works under the direction of the Site Facilities Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves in capacity of Site Maintenance Manager with management/oversight responsibility for all facilities maintenance activities at the Anniston, AL facility while providing assistance to other Combat Vehicle sites if necessary.
- Management/oversight responsibility for maintenance group activities, which includes bargaining unit interaction and understanding of negotiated union contracts.
- Development and implementation of annual maintenance plan including preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Insures that all maintenance activities adhere to proper safety standards, OSHA regulations, ADA compliance, and environmental goals.
- Management of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to ensure maximum utilization of assets capabilities, efficiency, along with accurate and timely reports.
- Ensures all systems associated with building infrastructure and manufacturing equipment is in operational readiness at all times.
- Supervises technical requirements of assigned projects including monitoring and identifying deviations in budgets, schedules, system performance, support ability, and product ability.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates other technical personnel depending on organization; recommends and/or initiates personnel actions; evaluates and suggests staffing to ensure maximum utilization of personnel; ensures compliance with BAE Systems and departmental policies and procedures; assigns tasks and performs administrative duties.
- Coordinates with facilities engineering to ensure designs meet standards and performance requirements while being maintainable.
- Prepares reports for management and customers concerning project progress as appropriate. Assists in planning of projects by evaluating requirements and developing schedules, budgets, and personnel requirements.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Highly effective, strong leadership and management;
- Highly effective communication skills to convey information to/from people and teams, including sharp technical writing skills;
- Overall ability to filter and structure information of relevance and apply toward realization of goals and objectives;
- Developed, sound, and reasonable approaches to reach solutions for difficult technical problems at system or subsystem levels;
- Team-building experience and the ability to organize and focus team energy towards resolution of a problem;
- Ability to effectively interact across the organization at all levels
Bachelor's Degree in Technical Discipline preferably Engineering with five years appropriate work experience in maintenance discipline.
- Budget planning and forecasting;
- Sound knowledge in maintenance practices and principles;
- High mental/visual application required to manage project(s) technical requirements and resolve technical system or subsystem level problems.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top