Maintenance Electronics Technician III
This position is for an IAS/ATG/OPS/GVS Maintenance Technician. Working alone or in small teams, the Maintenance Technician will perform preventive and corrective maintenance of Independent Alarm Systems, Automatic Tank Gauging Systems, Overfill Protection Systems, or Ground Verification Systems at Department of Defense installations across the following sites:
New Castle ANG, AASF #1 (Mercer Field) West Trenton, Fort Dix, McGuire AFB, McGuire AFB, McGuire AFB, McGuire ANG, Willow Grove ANG, Bolling AFB (Wash DC), Dover AFB, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Andrews AFB, Andrews ANG Fort Meade, Phillips Army Airfield (Sub of Aberdeen Proving Ground), Warfield ANG (Baltimore) (Martin State APT), Weide Army Airfield (MD ARNG), Atlantic City ANG (177TH IAP), Fort Monmouth, Lakehurst NAVAIRWARCTR, Picatinny Arsenal ARDEC, DDSP New Cumberland, Fort Indiantown Gap, Harrisburg ANG (Middletown), Tobyhanna Army Depot, Letterkenny Army Depot, Patuxent River NAS (NAVSUPO), Pittsburgh AFRES, Pittsburgh ANG (Coraopolis)
The Maintenance Technician ensures proper operation of fuel accounting, alarm monitoring and controls, and leak detection equipment. Troubleshoots electronic systems and keeps organized, detailed records of work performed. Relocation and extensive travel is required.
Required Skills and Education
• Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC)
• Ability to acquire and maintain corporate credit card
• Ability to travel 100% required - Relocation is required
• Valid state driver's license
• High school diploma or equivalent and formal electronics training from technical school, Class A or B military school in electronics or communications, or completion of four (4) year electronics apprenticeship program
• Eight (8) years of practical experience, to include: Electronics Repair, Maintenance, Integration, Fielding and Checkout. Two (2) years experience, to include: Supervision, and Shop Practices. Six (6) years experience performing removal, installation, maintenance, testing, and calibration of Automated Fuel Handling Equipment (AFHE), Airfield Refueling Electrical Supervisions and Control Systems (ARES), or Automated Tank Gauging (ATG) automation instrumentation and sensors. Specifically, must have demonstrated expertise in at least three of the following "Series ATG Systems": Veeder Root TLS (TLS), Ronan (X76CTM), ENRAF 854 Servo, ENRAF 818 STIC, Hectronic Optilevel HLS 3010HF, L&J Technologies 8100, Barton 3500, GSI-MTG, MTS Level Plus M, Pneumercator TMS3000. Expertise in corrective maintenance on the following communications devices of the ATG systems: RTU 8130 associated modules; Programmable Logic Computers (PLC) such as the Modicon U120, Allen Bradley, and GE Fanuc; Phone switches; Radio Modems, External Modems, Radio equipment
• Required Certification : Underground Storage Tank ( Release Detection)
• Experience with MS Windows OS and MS Office applications
• Ability to kneel and lift up to 40 pounds and work from heights of up to 50 feet
Preferred Skills and Education
• Expertise in corrective maintenance on the following communications devices of the ATG systems: remote interface units; Programmable Logic Computers (PLC) such as the Modicon U120, Allen Bradley, and GE Fanuc; phone switches; radio modems; external modems; radio equipment.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top