BAE Systems facility at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant is currently recruiting for Electricians.The successful candidate will possess considerable depth of experience in troubleshooting and repairing a variety of industrial production/plant utility equipment, electrical/pneumatic controls and instrumentation in a continuous production environment. Primary responsibilities will include immediate corrective maintenance of production equipment including blenders, mills, mixers, dryers, conveyors, pumps, motors, VFD's, PLC's, instrumentation, secondary power distribution, and elevators.
Other duties include:
• Ability to work 12 hr rotating shifts in relief of Shift Electrician with minimal notice.
• Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal work direction.
• Promptly respond to radio calls requesting Shift Electrician assistance.
• Testing, troubleshooting, & repair of electrical/pneumatic controls on utility and process equipment.
• Test, repair and maintain: elevators, switchgear, high current breakers, and high voltage pumps.
• Document corrective maintenance in electronic logbook.
• Accurately record/report job time for KRONOS system.
• Operate fork lift, hand tools, and hydraulic tools.
• Assist fellow shift maintenance personnel.
• Ability to use electrical schematics, single lines, P&ID's, shop mathematics, handbook formulas, some precision measuring instruments
• Perform complicated duties or assignments involving a fairly comprehensive knowledge of
equipment/materials and process to meet customer, quality, and performance standards.
• Maintain a working knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA, and OSHA Safety Procedures.
• Communicate frequently and effectively with other TEAM members and departments.
• Willing to support plant operations in afterhours emergency situations.
• Adherence to all Plant Protection Standards, PPE requirements, Company Policies, & Guidelines.
• Other duties as determined by TEAM Leader or Department Manager.
Job responsibilities to be learned through OJT with current Shift Electricians. Anticipate 30% shift work schedule; 70% typical day schedule. Once trained positions will be on night shift or a rotating schedule.
Required Skills and Education
Associates degree in Electrical or Electromechanical Technology and/or certified Journeyman Electrician desired.
Minimum 5+ years experience as an Electrician in an industrial environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
Prior work experience in a chemical or hazardous material production facility desired.
Journeyman Electrician certification and 10 years minimum experience in the electrical maintenance or electrical construction trade.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top