The F-35 Facility Technician (FT) position is located at Naval Air Station Lemoore, CA. BAE Systems is interviewing now for an expected contract award and start date in December 2017.
The Facility Technician (FT) is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of the Pilot Training Center (PTC) at NAS Lemoore, CA. The FT will act as the contact for emergency situations that affect the PTC's ability to operate. Additionally, the FT will assess and consider daily the safety of employees/students and the security of assets. This position will coordinate with Civil Engineering, Government Contract Cleaning, and Training Center leadership for various services.
The F-35 Facility Technician's responsibilities are as follows:
- Acting as the primary contact for all personnel for any building issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs)
- Monitoring contractor performance and work closely with Civil Engineering (CE)/outside vendors and/or contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications
- Acting as the project coordinator for all size projects including large scale repair and new facility construction projects
- Assisting with maintaining building security and immediately responding to building emergencies on a 24-hour basis
- Assisting the Facility Manager in preparing the annual maintenance budget (as required)
- Soliciting bids and quotes from vendors (as required)
- Monitoring and replacing light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed
- Making minor approved plumbing repairs, as necessary
- Coordinating and assisting with departmental and employee moves
- Performing approved basic electrical work and determining when an electrician is required
- Hanging pictures, shelving, dismantling and installing furniture, transporting goods or equipment as assigned
- Performing immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain a clean facility
- Performing other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facility Manager
- Responsible for managing incoming and outgoing shipments (i.e. Supplies, purchases, equipment) and tracking deliveries of such
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top