Carries out moderately well-defined engineering assignments under the guidance of a more senior level engineer. Assures technical work is done according to defined processes and assures that work products conform to established standards. Performs analysis of design and support system concepts to determine the viability of the design in the customer's logistic structure. Functions as part of the design team in developing the optimum design that meets all customer requirements. Performs logistics analysis and modeling; modifies/develops models to support analysis when adequate models are not available. Performs analysis tasks for systems in all phases of the life cycle. Provides design alternatives to improve supportability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in identifying and defining Line Replaceable Units and Modules or Shop Replaceable Units for which analysis needs to be performed.
- Provides technical inputs for analyses as required to determine the most cost effective alternative to perform maintenance tasks over the life of the end item of equipment.
- Applies a wide range of engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to technical projects.
- Reviews the design concept and preliminary design for impacts to supportability. Provides input on the design effort to ensure maintenance tasks can be accomplished effectively by the end user.
- Reviews field support requirements and recommends tool and test equipment.
- Recommends changes to designs based on the analysis performed where opportunities exist to improve the supportability and life cycle cost of the system.
- Assists in the planning, execution, and the reporting on Logistics Demonstrations to demonstrate and validate that a system under design will be supportable when fielded.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Delivers technical presentations.
- Prepares and presents project technical results, recommendations, and solutions to internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal customers to resolve complex technical problems and implement solutions.
- Gains and maintains knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives, policies and rules.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Familiarity with current computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top