1. Works with specific written or verbal instructions to receive/deliver company/personal US Post Office mail.
2. Coordinate and expedite material delivered by external and internal carriers. (FedEx, DHL, UPS, Airborne, External Suppliers, Shipping Dept.)
3. Receive, sort, and distribute all incoming/outgoing interoffice company mail to appropriate mailstop. Mail is delivered daily to approximately 400 mailstops within 19 different facilities.
4. Verify quantity received matches accompanying paperwork, ensure material is properly marked, and notify customer/supervisor of discrepancies. Mark and store in specified area.
5. Inspect, weigh, and affix postage to all outgoing registered and certified mail, prepares proper US Postal form and deposit mail in sealed mail bag or container for delivery to US Post Office as required.
6. Operate company sorter, mailing machines and scales. Electronically download funds from deposit account, verify performance, record/clear counts, replenish supplies, and schedule maintenance.
7. Work with on-line database and/or written instructions to process all unmarked mail. (missing or incorrect employee information, insufficient postage, etc.)
8. Pick-up and deliver urgently needed material or mail and may perform miscellaneous duties in support of company. (Pick-up and deliver Software Manuals; Payroll Checks; Reprographic Material; System Reports). Respond to customer phone inquiries regarding loss, damage, or delivery issues. Discuss issue with customer to identify problem and determine appropriate action.
9. Assist in planning and assignment of company mailbox numbers. Update central on-line database of assigned mailbox numbers.
10. Conduct physical inventory of mail supplies. Use Company on-line system to order mail supplies. Compile material reports and consults with supervisor to make adjustments to mail schedules. Required Skills and Education General understanding of US Postal Regulations. Must be able to lift parcels weighing up to 50 pounds. May use hand truck to move bulk or heavy material. Must be able to reach a 6 foot sorter. Requires general PC and/or VAX knowledge and general knowledge of Company and Department of Transportation. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top