MAFPS System Test Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced test engineer to support the US Air Force's Mobility Air Forces Automated Flight Planning Services (MAFPS) program. MAFPS generates 4-D optimized flight plans that meet complex global airspace business rules involving aircraft flight performance, weather, navigation rules, altitude rules, special use airspace, air refueling, etc. for Air Mobility Command's (AMC) 618th Air Operations Center (AOC). MAFPS is integrated in the US Air Force network and operates 24/7/365 to provide mission planning capabilities in support of global airlift, aerial refueling and aeromedical evacuation operations.
The qualified candidate will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and dynamic group of engineers whose primary charter is to develop and deploy state of the art automated back-end flight planning algorithms and capabilities paired with intuitive user interfaces. The test engineer will be a member of the Fairview Heights, IL on-site test team and directly interface with the MAFPS end-users and the factory development team. The candidate will create, review and execute test cases based upon user stories, CONOPS and BAE Systems' SME inputs. The candidate will establish use cases and operational CONOPS for the MAFPS product line as well as conduct system analysis in the implementation of this highly complex system. The candidate will become one of the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and provide on-site support to AMC planners at Scott AFB, IL.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 6+ years of test and flight planning experience with a B.S. in engineering or related fields
- Knowledge of aircraft operations, terminology and flight operations.
- Understanding of Air Mobility Command: contacts, mission and processes
- Operational flight experience with cargo and/or tanker aircraft
- Ability to create accurate scenario-based test cases
- Effective communications and presentation skills
- Experience writing test cases/procedures, coordination with other testers, ability to review other test cases
- AMC flight management/dispatch, and/or Mobility Air Force aircrew member experience to include Air Mobility Command Tanker Airlift Control Center (TACC)
- Ability to articulate technical product solutions to the customer, gain requirements and customer alignment to recommended solutions
- Operational experience with Air Mobility Command systems and software applications such as Advanced Computer Flight Plan (ACFP) System, Global Decision Support System (GDSS) and Mobility Enterprise Information Services (MEIS)
- Experience with developing system concepts of operations (CONOPS), system requirements, designs, verification/validation of systems, and product integration
- Experience with software application installation and configuration with a comprehensive understanding of the Windows operating system
- Experience with the USAF Standard Desktop Configuration (SDC)
- Ability to maintain, manage, and operate test systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top