- Reads and interprets complex blueprints and/or works from written and verbal instructions to manufacture parts to tolerances which are difficult to acquire and maintain using a wide variety of materials.
- Plans sequence of machining operations incorporating a detailed knowledge of each machine and its capabilities in order to determine the most cost effective and efficient manner in which to manufacture parts.
- Performs highly diversified machining operations requiring progressive steps to drill, turn and cut metal to specifications. Utilizes trigonometric formulas in order to calculate complex and/or compound angles and dimensions.
- Fabricates own tooling and fixtures as needed.
- May file and/or debur individual or small lot production pieces as necessary to meet required specifications.
- Checks own work by setting up and operating precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, gauge blocks, and height stand etc.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top