Machine Learning Research Scientist
Seeking Machine learning and Data science expertise for Cutting-edge cyber SECURITY CHALLENGES.
We are looking for Machine Learning and Data Science experts to solve today's and tomorrow's cyber security challenges. Creativity and flexibility are a must as you join a team developing and applying Machine Learning techniques for advanced cyber systems including:
• Cyber-attack prediction
• Enterprise-wide data flow analysis and defense
• Insider threat detection
• Host, network, and enterprise analysis and defense
• Autonomous systems
• Vehicles, Internet of Things, SCADA systems, and cyber-physical systems
• Automated program analysis tools
Who we are:
The BAE Systems' Cyber & Communications Technologies (CCT) Product Line is the leading cyber R&D organization dedicated to U.S. Cyber Security and Cyber Warfare needs. We are the cyber R&D engine for all of BAE Systems North America, yet run like a boutique firm. It's the best of both worlds - combining a small-company feel, our own facility, and unparalleled access to a large company's technology transition paths and customer base. Our team has pioneered novel application of Machine Learning techniques to cyber problems.
Help us conquer R&D challenges and produce revolutionary cyber technology leveraging Machine Learning that makes a real impact - We Protect Those Who Protect Us.
What we offer:
• Exciting cyber research focused on Machine Learning and related fields
• Exceptional teammates
• A Machine Learning Center of Excellence that works with academic leaders in the field
• Opportunities to learn and grow
• A fun workplace, excellent benefits, and every other Friday off
Who You Are :
As part of the team, you work all phases of cutting edge cyber R&D efforts. You bring deep expertise in Machine Learning and Data Science to design, prototype, and perform experimental analysis of end-to-end solutions for Cyber Security and Cyber Warfare. Additionally you can:
• Serve as a machine learning expert across multiple efforts
• Design, develop, execute, and implement research projects
• Work with experts across multiple disciplines
• Apply scientific principles to solve complex problems
• Manage project tasks for small groups
• Contribute ideas and writing to proposals to secure new work
• Co-author external publications
• Interact with our customers and external partners
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Strong experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Graphical models
• Bayesian Networks,
• Deep Learning,
• Cyber Research
• Natural Language Processing,
• Pattern recognition,
• Recommendation systems,
• Targeting systems,
• Ranking systems or similar.
• Strong preference for those with experience in applying machine learning to network security problems.
Experience with language such as Matlab, C++, and Python.
Experience working with standard ML toolkits such as TensorFlow or Torch.
Active SECRET clearance and above preferred.
Preferred Skills and Education
Capability in the following areas is desirable:
• Cyber security experience and interest
• Strong communication skills
• Research background and interest
• Cyber security and/or networking
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top