Machanic, Machinist, Crane and RIgging Craft Manager
Employee will be responsible for the management of all employees/operations within the Mechanic, Machinist, and the Crane and Rigging Departments. Responsible and accountable for the performance of craft supervisors, technicians, and mechanics relating to safety, quality, cost, and scheduling. Responsible for providing the quantity and quality of workers to meet schedule and budget. Trains assigned Craft supervisors in safety, cost control, job skills, quality, and scheduling.
Directs all phases of Mechanic, Machinist, crane and rigging operations. Monitors the performance of assigned supervisors. • Oversees the planning and execution of Mechanic, Machinist, crane and rigging production schedules to ensure they are in order. Monitors Craft supervisors to insure that schedules are updated with the Scheduling Department. Plans and insures adequate material and resources are available to all projects.
- Plans and schedules production operations including advanced planning to include schedule development and resource requirements, establishing priorities and sequences of work.
- Leader and Initiator in Safety. Ensures team compliance with all company & OSHA regulated safety requirements/standards; and environmental and ethical requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all department machinery and equipment is inspected and maintained to design operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops and maintains standard operational and working practices.
- Responsible for maintaining employee certifications. Direct liaison with Human Resources to insure that all training and qualification documentation is timely and accurate.
- Enforces worker compliance for following appropriate procedures in the areas of safety, production, accuracy control, cost, environmental protection and quality assurance. Administers discipline in a fair manner in consultation with Human Resources to insure equitable action to correct employee behavior and performance deficiencies.
- Expected to foster a climate of continuous improvement in working conditions and the use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Manages in a manner to promote a safe yard and a positive employee attitude. Promotes and advocates company policy.
- Ensure that all inspections, reports, and check points are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Perform similar, incidental and other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Minimum 8 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 10 years with an Associates Degree or 14 years of experience with a HS/GD Diploma; in Shipyard operations Mechanics or Crane and Rigging.
Minimum 3 years as a supervisor in Mechanic’s or Crane and Rigging operations.
Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations in regard to rigging gear, cranes, their capacities and capabilities.
Proven management abilities.
Must be able to climb up/down multiple ladder wells aboard ships and sit for long periods of time using a computer.
Effective communication skills with good computer skills and good interpersonal skills.
Be able to do critical thinking, able to withstand the stress of meeting deadlines.
Able to speak, read, and write English that is easily understood by others.
Good listening ability to assure understands verbal communication. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top