LSV IAM Metal Fab & Welding II
- Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of fabrication and welding equipment to include but not limited to: band saw, cut off saw, slitting saw, rollers, shears, brake press, press, pipe, laser, plasma, weld, and various power tools.
- Must make complex setups and hold close tolerances in the fabrication and weld manufacturing cycle of a variety of parts made from various materials and configurations—bar stock, ferrous and nonferrous metals, stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, monel, inconel, and Hy80.
- Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
- Must be able to weld the following processes and pass functional weld test: (GTAW) Gas Tig Arc Weld; (GMAW) Pulsed Spray; Gas Mig Arc Weld; (FCAW) Flux Core Arc Weld; Stick Metal Arc Weld (SMAW); Automatic Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) Air Arcing. Employees will be required to pass additional function tests to meet visual and workmanship requirements on certain products or programs.
- Must be able to weld in 6G positions: Flat, Vertical, Horizontal, Overhead, etc. as required.
- Must be able to weld the following materials: Steel, Stainless, Aluminum, and any other materials, some of high complexity, required by a particular program.
- Must have the knowledge and the ability to apply algebraic, geometric, and trigonometric functions to blueprint dimensions in the manufacture of complex parts.
- In-process and completed welds shall meet visual and workmanship requirements IAW governing fabrication document(s) to include but not limited to: weld contouring, joint fit-up inspection, 5X visual inspection of root weld, weld spatter removal, arc strikes, et…
- Will provide guidance and direction to other weld personnel, e.g. such as instructing on weld sequencing and set-up and/or lay-out of fabricated products.
- Welding operations shall follow IAW established Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS) at all times; including but not limited to amperage, volts, travel speed, filler material type, preheat and interpass temperature, etc.
- Responsible for suggesting and working with Manufacturing Engineering and others in developing alternate methods and procedures which contribute toward more efficient and economic product manufacturing.
- Employees assigned to closed areas may be required to assist with ancillary tasks such as painting, blasting, assembly to ensure product completed.
- Performs fitting and fabrication functions as assigned.
- Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close production order operations when work is complete, etc.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top