Logistics Program Manager
Responsible to a Program Director, the Logistics Program Manager will lead activities in support of logistics scope in support of a major Combat Vehicles program transitioning to the LRIP phase of the program.
Specific duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Ownership of project quality, budget and schedule.
- Monitors the project with regard to the following project management areas:
- Project Integration
- Scope Management
- Time Management (schedules)
- Cost Management
- Change Management
- Communications Management
- Risks/Opportunities Management
- Customer Relations Management
- Provides regular reports to Program Director and Functional Manager
- Solves complex technical problems by providing leadership for developing project plans and their implementation.
- Communicates summaries and recommendations to the Senior Leadership based on assessment of internal and external resources.
- Foresees difficulties and reacts to communicate and avoid misunderstanding.
- Serves as primary interface for internal and external customers.
- Point of contact for subcontractors, providing leadership and direction to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget constraints.
- Determines project scope of work, project performance criteria and fitness for use.
- Identifies work elements of the project.
- Assigns work and follow-up as project demands.
- Sequences and schedules the project work elements and determines the resources required for each work element.
- Prepares cost estimates and establishes budgets for the project work elements.
- Responsible for planning and technical execution in the development of Integrated Logistic products and services for a combat vehicle.
- Develop and deliver solutions that meet the program requirements using industry accepted principles, concepts, and approaches in the development of logistical products and services for low rate initial production.
- As such position requires an in depth knowledge in the processes, MIL STDs, and tools used to develop Logistical Management Information (LMI); Technical Manuals; Training curriculum; and Packaging, Handling, Storage data development.
- Ensure that contractual requirements are adhered to in delivery of products to the customer per the contract in accordance with company processes.
- Serve as a consultant and advisor to internal management and as an external spokesman to the customer on technical progress and status.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Program management experience (position is for a PM with logistics experience (log experience to ensure the sound execution of logistics work (cost, schedule, performance, risk).
- Experience leading a multi functional team of up to 100 people.
- Experience in managing the development of XML based technical manuals
- Experience in managing documentation and delivery of Logistical management Information. Familiar with LSA/LSAR standards and DoD deliverables
- Excellent people skills
- Experience with working within a large development team at distributed sites
- Experienced with all Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Experienced with Earned Value Management
- Experienced with Microsoft Project
- DoD Acquisition Level III certification
- PMP certification
- Experience or prior service with United State Army especially within combat vehicle community
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top