Logistics Engineering Planning Specialist
BAE Systems Platforms and Services is currently hiring a Logistics Engineering Planning Specialist to support the Combat Vehicles Program in York, PA.
Prepares and coordinates the plans and schedules for new or existing programs. Determines, monitors, and reviews costs, operational budgets and schedules, and manpower requirements. Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources. Resolves proposal preparation problems and assesses the progress against established plans and parameters.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED plus 8+ years of experience.
- Ability to read Statements of Work and other requirements documentation and decompose requirements into actionable activities.
- Ability to design status/metrics tracking into program plans to ensure clear and accurate reporting throughout the life of the project.
- Ability to track program schedules, schedule/coordinate program events, ensure for comprehensive minutes taking and action item identification and follow-on tracking.
- Strong command of MS Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- Experience with cost reporting (accounting) systems.
- Experience with managing multiple versions of documents (through a development and/or management cycle) and working with appropriate contracts counterparts to ensure required deliveries are made in accordance with the contract.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification.
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top