Logistics Anst Sr Prin
BAE Systems is looking for a qualified professional to join our team for an exciting opportunity to support acquisition efforts for the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Airborne Launch Control System Replacement (ALCS-R) program. The legacy ALCS is a Command and Control System which provides ICBM launch commands to Launch Facilities (LFs) in wartime scenarios. Since the first implementation of what was known as Common ALCS, the number of functioning parts and serviceable spares has decreased. The majority of the airborne equipment technology dates back to the 1980s while the ground sub-systems are Minuteman I vintage. The ALCS-R program will completely replace the legacy ALCS system with a Minuteman III and E-6B compatible Survivable Airborne Launch system.
The BAE Principal Logistician will assist the ALCS-R Program Manager with acquisition program logistics activities and support the ALCS-R Program requirements of planning, deploying and sustaining the ALCS-R system. The BAE Principal Logistician will:
- Support the development and implementation of a Comprehensive Product Support Strategy (PSS) for the weapon system
- Use appropriate predictive analysis and modeling tools that can improve material availability and reliability, increase operational availability, and reduce O&S cost
- Conduct appropriate cost analyses to validate the PSS, including cost-benefit analyses
- Support achievement of desired product support outcomes through supporting development and implementation of appropriate Product Support Arrangements (PSAs)
- Support reviews to ensure the arrangements are consistent with the overall PSS
- Support each PSS change by revalidating any business-case analysis performed for the strategy
- Support verification that PSAs for the weapon system describe how such arrangements will ensure efficient procurement, management, and allocation of Government-owned parts inventories in order to prevent unnecessary procurements of such parts
- Support determinations regarding the applicability of preservation and storage of unique tooling associated with the production of program specific components
- Support identification of obsolete electronic parts that are included in the specifications for an acquisition program of the DoD and support defining suitable replacements for electronic parts
The position will be located at or near Hill AFB, Utah.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top