Linux Systems Engineer
We are searching for System Engineers to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer. We are looking for a System Engineer with a genuine passion to learn, create quality solutions, and solve tough challenges to meet our customer's mission critical needs.
In this role, you will serve as a Linux engineer supporting a critical IT software development project providing day-to-day support of several mission critical systems, while assessing future system requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with Unix systems administration (Red Hat Enterprise Linux/Cent/OS/Scientific Linux, RHEL 6 or CentOS 6 preferred),
- Experience with midrange/enterprise storage management including SAN switches, storage provisioning, LUN masking and zoning, and volume management using VLM. Experience with Hitachi storage management software a plus.
- Ability to research, specify, order and plan equipment layout and inter-connectivity.
- Other duties include installing, configuring, and maintaining operating systems, disk drives, network cards as well as other software including Apache Tomcat, Nagios, Solr, Subversion, Cruise Control.
- Ability to install maintain, patch, and backup systems as well as configure zones and networks (e.g., multiple IP addresses to interfaces.)
- Coordinate these activities with customer, developers, and other engineers.
- Shell scripting, Java basics (e.g., classpath), Oracle basics (start, stop, TNS names.
- HP BladeSystem (c7000 hardware), including systems management, configuration and software/firmware updates.
- Kickstart, DHCP, Oracle, Yum repositories (for install/updates)
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 8+ years of experience in Unix systems administration (Red Hat Enterprise Linux/Cent/OS/Scientific Linux, RHEL or CentOS)
- Bachelor Degree or four additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Familiar with C2S and AWS a plus.
BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top