Linux Server Technical Expert
- Annapolis Junction, MD
L ooking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world. We have more than 80 locations across the U.S. and in Afghanistan, Djibouti, Germany, Japan, Korea, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom .
We are seeking to hire Technical Expert/Functional Expert (Servers). The ideal candidate shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have at least eight (8) years in a large and complex IT environment providing industry and government recognized functional expertise. Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full lime computer science work that can substitute for the Bachelor's degree, and have at least eight years in a large and complex IT environment providing industry and government recognized functional expertise. A Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field may substitute for two (2) years experience. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
Responsibilities will be to maintain operation of multi-user HPC computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
Required Skills and Education
In addition to the above qualifications, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Configuration, tuning, testing and advanced level troubleshooting and support of virtualization products such as VMware, Xen, and Solaris containers
- Configuration, tuning, testing, and advanced level troubleshooting and support high performance filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, VXFS, LUSTRE
- Configuration, tuning, testing and advanced level troubleshooting and support of distributed computing tools such as NQS, RES and LSF
- Configuration, tuning. testing, and advanced level troubleshooting and support of Red Hat, SuSe, and Solaris Operating Systems
- Advanced level troubleshooting of core infrastructure services such as DNS, Centrify, AD, NIS, NFS, CIFS
- Advise Government, and plan for next generation server and services infrastructure based on advanced research and test initiatives
- Installation, configuration. tuning, and support of:
- Servers running Spare Solaris, SolarisX64, Red Hat, and SuSe, with direct attached and FC SAN storage
- Client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS
- Large memory SMP systems with many cores
- Enterprise client server configurations
- Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, and VXFS
- Fielded systems
- Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAD, FC, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange
- Infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, SiteScope, HP Openview, HPSA, HPSE, Splunk. Sendmail, Exchange, NetQoS, Infoblox
- Thin client solutions based on Virtual bridges and Citrix
- NoMachine NX
- Virtualization products; VMware and Solaris containers
- Accepted professional certifications include:
- Valid RHCSA or higher Red Hat certification Valid VMWare certification
Requires TS SCI level clearance with the appropriate poly
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top