Linux Server Technical Expert
- Annapolis Junction, MD
L ooking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services.Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom .
We are seeking to hire Technical Expert/Functional Expert (Servers).
The ideal candidate shall have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have at least eight (8) years in a large and complex IT environment providing industry and government recognized functional expertise.
- Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full lime computer science work that can substitute for the Bachelor's degree, and have at least eight (8) years in a large and complex IT environment providing industry and government recognized functional expertise.
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field may substitute for two (2) years experience.
- An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
In addition to the above qualifications, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Configuration, tuning, testing and advanced level troubleshooting and support of virtualization products such as VMware, Xen, and Solaris containers
- Configuration, tuning, testing, and advanced level troubleshooting and support high performance filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, VXFS, LUSTRE
- Configuration, tuning, testing and advanced level troubleshooting and support of distributed computing tools such as NQS, RES and LSF
- Configuration, tuning. testing, and advanced level troubleshooting and support of Red Hat, SuSe, and Solaris Operating Systems
- Advanced level troubleshooting of core infrastructure services such as DNS, Centrify, AD, NIS, NFS, CIFS
- Advise Government, and plan for next generation server and services infrastructure based on advanced research and test initiatives
- Installation, configuration. tuning, and support of:
- Servers running Spare Solaris, SolarisX64, Red Hat, and SuSe, with direct attached and FC SAN storage
- Client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS
- Large memory SMP systems with many cores
- Enterprise client server configurations
- Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, and VXFS
- Fielded systems
- Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAD, FC, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange
- Infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, SiteScope, HP Openview, HPSA, HPSE, Splunk. Sendmail, Exchange, NetQoS, Infoblox
- Thin client solutions based on Virtual bridges and Citrix
- NoMachine NX
- Virtualization products; VMware and Solaris containers
- Accepted professional certifications include:
- Valid RHCSA or higher Red Hat certification Valid VMWare certification
Requires TS SCI level clearance with the appropriate poly
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top