Linux Administrator (Master)
- Reston, VA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of the world's most complex challenges. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom. We are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our Mission Intelligence organization provides IT solutions, analytics support, and digital integration to major customers within the US Intelligence Community. We are always looking to provide our customers with a better solution by way of technology insertion, out of the box thinking, and state of the art solutions. We are looking for an experienced Linux Administrator to join our team to support the design, development and deployment of products, tools and capabilities. The Linux Administrator performs System Administration tasks on a customer's system that supports mission needs and coordination requirements. This individual will work in a team environment and coordinate with appropriate elements to effectively meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives.
- Design, build and deploy applications in a hardened enterprise Linux environment.
- Review and compare multiple platform options for applications and collaborating with specific teams to choose an appropriate platform.
- Design and implement a tool set that simplify provisioning and support of a large enterprise Linux environment.
- Plan, configure and implement features on the Linux platform that enhance availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
- PKI management using OpenSSL
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem. (Cisco UCS, Splunk, Solarwinds, elastic search, dhcp, ldap)
- Subject matter expert with Linux (RHEL)/CentOS
- Experience setting up and modifying system monitoring with Nagios
- Scripting language experience
- Required support experience and/or current working knowledge in the following areas:
- Troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Preferred scripting in Bash, Perl, and Python
- Typically requires BS Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Master and 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top