Level 3 Site Safety and Health Officer
Level 3 Health & Safety Manager, (SSHO) International locations, OCONUS extensive travel to Korea.
Schedule Full Time Job Responsibilities.
- Ensure the implementation of Accident Prevention Plans (APP).
- Actively promote and support the health and safety programs at project sites.
- Oversee the completion of Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) preparation and acceptance.
- Facilitate health and safety training for Company staff, subcontractors, and any parties required to participate to ensure achievement of exceptional health & safety performance including developing training content and delivering course information.
- Author health and safety related documentation (reports, logs, records, and site specific risk mitigation plans), completing required information for daily reports and client communications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all documentation is organized and uploaded to the project portal.
- Provide oversight to subcontractors, clients, and project team members to ensure that project activities are completed according to applicable APP.
- Conduct regular inspections to assess health and safety plan adherence as well as identify potential loss and risk.
- Take appropriate actions to prevent loss and mitigate risk in accordance to company standards and practices.
- Ensure that deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner and to acceptable measures.
- Represent the Company in a positive and professional manner in client and regulatory agency interactions, serving as the primary point of contact for site health & safety.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure that health and safety activities are incorporated effectively into project plans.
- Report health and safety incidents to the Company Incident Database.
- Conduct related investigations thoroughly, completing associated documentation accurately.
- Ensure implementation and documentation of corrective actions.
- Verify implementation and close-out corrective actions.
- Review of qualifications of subcontractors.
- In addition to the accountabilities above, other responsibilities, tasks, and deliverables may be assigned to the incumbent of this position.
- The ability to communicate in written and oral formats with diplomacy and tact.
- An aptitude for exercising independent thinking and reasoning.
- Demonstrated success in teaching others health and safety concepts and requirements.
- Skilled in leading others without formal reporting authority.
- Proven knowledge of US Army Corps of Engineers EM 385 1-1.
- Competent in using Microsoft
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED
- The SSHO shall have extensive knowledge in the Army Core of Engineers EM-385-1
- The SSHO, as a minimum, must produce a copy of their instructor-signed OSHA 30- hour training card (or course completion if within 90 days of having completed the training and card has not yet been issued). They will have completed:
(1) The 30-hour OSHA General Industry safety class
(2) The 30-hour OSHA Construction Industry safety class
- The SSHO is also required to have proof of employment for :
(1) Five (5) years of continuous construction industry safety experience in supervising/
managing general construction (managing safety programs or processes or conducting
hazard analyses and developing controls), or
(2) Five (5) years of continuous general industry safety experience in supervising/
managing general industry (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard
analyses and developing controls), or
(3) If the SSHO has a Third-Party, Nationally Accredited (ANSI or National Commission
for Certifying Agencies – NCCA) SOH-related certification, only 4 years of experience is
needed (CIH, CSP etc)
- The SSHOs shall maintain competency through having taken 8 hours of documented
formal, on-line, or self-study safety and health related coursework every year . Examples
of continuing education activities that meet this requirement are: writing an article, teaching
a class, reading/writing professional articles, attendance/participation in professional
- The SSHO will have an average of at least 24 hours of formal safety training for the past 4 years with training for competent person status for at least the following areas of competency: Excavation; Fall Protection; Confined Space; Health hazard recognition, evaluation and control of chemical, physical and biological agents; Personal Protective Equipment and clothing to include selection, use and maintenance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top