Left Shift Supply Chain Lead
- Nashua, NH
In support of a Business Area with over $1 billion in annual revenue and material spend in the hundreds of million across a very diverse set suppliers and commodities / categories, leads and coordinates supply chain strategies in-conjunction with program area to meet key program objectives through methodical and efficient materials management that identifies risk, facilitates creation of risk mitigation plans, and identifies opportunities where best value can be harvested with regard to supplier management.
Candidate must be able to lead a cross-functional team that examines the buy items on a bill of material and segments the items into risk categories and creates action plans for execution to ensure program objectives are met.
Prepares/issues/reviews proposals, develops evaluation criteria, selects or recommends suppliers to be awarded with procurement team.
Collaborate with procurement teams to share execution plan and facilitate execution of program strategy.
Working closely with IPTs to ensure BOM, SSOWs & Drawings support demand.
Working closely with procurement to ensure purchase requisitions and POs support demand.
Identifying and mitigating program risks as they pertain to material requirements through integrated root cause/corrective action.
Ability to work independently, as well as manage cross-functional program teams on issues related to materials; multi-tasking is crucial for success. Must be able to assess, prioritize, drive issues to closure and be assertive when required. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties. Exhibit best practice work habits and collaborate with other sourcing team members to promote operational excellence. Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external customers, foster, and maintain good supplier relationships.
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and the understanding of the role of procurement in complex industries.
- Experience with materials management or leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment
- Experience buying or executing materials management across various commodities (electronics, mechanical, PWB's, cables, optics...)
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual and performance issues with suppliers.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 6 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government-contracting environment.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Generosity of thought and knowledge
- Familiarity with Oracle purchasing system
- Technical Background (Ability to read drawings)
- 6 plus years' experience in operations, supply chain, procurement.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P., C.S.C.P.
- Secret clearance eligible
- Risk and opportunity management
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top