Lead Test Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a candidate to perform Test Equipment Engineering activities such as developing and managing test equipment requirements, design of ATE's (Automated Test Equipment) and TPS (Test Program Sets), and performing systems level integration/test for verification and validation of components and subsystems.
When considering the engineering disciplines of mechanical, electrical, and software, a test engineer thrives in the region where those disciplines overlap. If you have a mix of these skills, even if you are missing a couple, then you are the right person for this job.
- Programming experience
- Familiarity with optoelectronics testing: measuring optical power & wavelength, integrating spheres, lenses, image arrays, etc.
- Controlling hardware with software via different interfaces: GPIB, Ethernet, serial port
- Collecting and analyzing data from test equipment
- The ability to look at and understand an electrical schematic
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- C# programming experience, or experience with a similar language
- Background in Electrical Engineering with a practical knowledge of electronic hardware used in test applications
- Familiarity with optoelectronics
- Possess good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
- Experience with the application of industry standards related to testing
- Skilled in test program software development (drivers, utilities, executives, and Test Program Sets (TPS))
- Working knowledge of test solution hardware development (test adapters, cables, and interface modules)
- Skilled in test solution software and hardware integration
- Be capable of collaboration, conformance, and compromise on departmental special projects and initiatives
- Have a closure-oriented and self-directed nature.
- Experience with electrical testing applications and general knowledge of electronic hardware.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top