Lead System Administrator/Amazon Web Services
Looking for a motivated leader and experienced systems administrator to work with a team of professionals that just recently migrated to Amazon Web Services.
Responsible for installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of AWS environments supporting client production as well as test and development environments. Responsible for maintaining production environment and participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Primary responsibilities include AWS administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and administration in support of approximately 400 end users. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – On the job experience working with AWS
- On the job experience working with Redhat based linux (at least 5+ years) (Centos, Scientific Linux also count)
- Experience with any scripting language (5+ years) – Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, etc. Will also accept “mature” languages like java, c++, etc though the scripting languages really are more important.
- System monitoring experience – anything from big brother, hp openview, nagios
- Network monitoring and auditing experience – tcpdump (or ethereal, nessus, nmap, etc
- System management experience – puppet (or saltstack, or chef)
- Minor network experience – IPTables (Linux firewall), Bind DNS server, Apache web server
- Tickets that allow them to work/get accounts on site
- Excellent customer service, troubleshooting, and documentation skills, will be very visible in this position. Preferred Skills and Education – Minor development experience – git (or subversion), RPM builder
- AWS architect or developer certification
- CCNA certification
- VMWare or other virtualization experience (Xen, HyperV)
- Openstack experience (for creating secure louds)
- Small scale SAN experience
- On the job experience working with multiple cloud providers as a comparison (Softlayer, Rackspace, Google Cloud, HP cloud)
- Familiarity with Atlassian products, Confluence, Jira
- Experience with Mongo
- Experience with Tomcat and/or JBOSS (or wildfly) About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top