Lead Mechanical Engineer
BAE Systems is hiring for a Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
This position is for a Mechanical Engineer with 15+ years experience. The candidate shall have a breadth of experience applying Mechanical Engineering principles through multiple phases of the design life cycle and have experience leading and developing junior Mechanical Engineering teams.
Other Role Requirements
- Be a mentor to junior Mechanical Engineers, peer review their work and ensure Mechanical Engineering principles are being applied correctly on various projects.
- A familiarly with a comprehensive design process is required including conceptual development, physical design, support to procurement, work hands-on with assembly personnel, engineering test, debug, integration and support of product qualification.
- The candidate should possess an understanding in the application of heat transfer principles, strength of materials, materials selection, design for vibration environments and the ability to apply those principles to unique mechanical design challenges.
- The ability to perform thermal and or structural analysis using industry simulation tools (ANSYS) is a plus.
- Leading mechanical or cross functional design teams and the ability to effectively communicate within the team is required.
- Candidate shall also be able to work within a broader program team and be able to communicate across functional boundaries in order to solve problems and achieve common goals.
- The candidate shall possess good written and verbal communication skills.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Mechanical Engineering experience, and experience leading Mechanical Engineering teams through different phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Ability to design hardware which meets project requirements
- Ability to apply Design for Manufacturing principles during design process
- Ability to review Mechanical fabrication drawings for manufacturability and accuracy
- Ability to assess thermal, structural, and material compatibility of designs
- Ability and desire to mentor junior Mechanical Engineers
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active or previously held security clearance
- Experience in the defense industry
- Experience in electronics packaging, Circuit Card Design or RF / Microwave packaging
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top