Lead Enterprise Architect
- Washington, DC
BAE Systems is seeking a talented and engaged Software Architect / Technical Lead who is looking for an opportunity to work a large scale system software development effort across a broad spectrum of software applications including user interface, database, infrastructure, security and interfaces. You will be an integrated team member providing technical leadership to the software team and assist with the re-architecture of the customers applications.
The purpose of this Task Order is to provide Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) Systems (Mitigation Electronic Grants (MT-eGrants) and Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) system) operations and maintenance (O&M) support including but not limited to:
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 (DRRA) implementation requirements
- Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) grant program implementation requirements
- Engineering and engineering validation; production operations and maintenance and any and all IT security certification and accreditation requirements.
Incumbent in this role will support Customers' OCIO mission while maintaining current operations without disruption of existing application functionality and supporting the immediate emergency and disaster operations' needs. Task Order Lead will apply industry standard innovation to implement a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Cyber Security directives and policies. The scope of this effort is the on-going operations and maintenance of the legacy MT-eGrants and HMGP systems.
- Candidate must have the ability to maintain leadership to independently manage complex program.
- Lead a talented team of engineers working to deliver excellent results through rapid iterations.
- You will provide technical oversight to the team, mentor junior members, be responsible for software architecture and act as a change agent enabling teams to self-organize and take accountability for delivery.
- You will champion the reliable delivery of the software through continuous improvement of the software development process and raise the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity.
- The successful candidate should have experience with designing and architecting complex, distributed software solutions using a broad range of software technical skills and express passion and ownership for engineering development.
- Manage teams and report daily progress to the stakeholders and executives.
- Develop and manage the roll out schedules, implementation plans and activities/tasks for and across all functional groups involved in the release and work across functional groups involved in the release.
- Plan and manage rollout schedules and cross-functional activities and tasks.
- Responsible for the performance management and outcome of all reporting staff.
- During COVID-19 onsite presence will be limited however this customer historically is remote friendly and will offer hybrid telework opportunities.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Science, or other Scientific degree with suitable software engineering content.
Need experience with:
Object Oriented Design/Development
Requirements Development and Management
Automated test development using frameworks such as COSMOS
Borderless software development
Working on a cross-functional team
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Industry related certification a big PLUS!
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top