Lead Engineer (O&M)
- Washington, DC
BAE Systems is seeking a Lead Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to supporting our customers' OCIO mission while maintaining current operations without disruption of existing application functionality and supporting the immediate emergency and disaster operations' needs. You will be an integrated team member providing technical leadership to the software team and assist with the design of the customers' applications.
The purpose of this Task Order is to provide Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) Systems (Mitigation Electronic Grants (MT-eGrants) and Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) system) operations and maintenance (O&M) support including but not limited to:
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 (DRRA) implementation requirements
- Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) grant program implementation requirements
- Engineering and engineering validation; production operations and maintenance of any and all IT security certification and accreditation requirements.
- Incumbent in this role will Task Order Lead will apply industry standard innovation to implement a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Cyber Security directives and policies. The scope of this effort is the on-going operations and maintenance of the legacy MT-eGrants and HMGP systems
- Top candidates will demonstrate an ability be able to think on their feet clearly communicating their vision across multiple workgroups and stakeholders to include frontline management, senior leadership and our end customer
- Plays a lead role in the development of solutions for Task Order responses to include leading technical response
- Collaborates with the CTO Office to align R&D activities with the Agency mission
- Brings technologies from across the company enterprise to IDIQ Task Orders delivering continuous improvement and innovation
- Reviews Task Order opportunities throughout their lifecycle to determine continued technical viability
- Offers advisory on technical projects serving as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management
- Prepares project execution plan and identifies technical and business resources needed
- Assesses issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Calculates costs, material, labor, and time required for each project
- Approves designs and budgets; makes recommendations for workflows and task delegation
- Ideal candidate will have a progressive background in IT Infrastructure Management with an emphasis in an engineering technical discipline.
- Availability to flex remote 1-2 days/week available!
- This is an individual contributor level role and reports to Program Manager
Bachelor's degree with 8-10 years' progressive experience required
Versed in Agile Project Management Methodology with Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Proven performance in Delivery Management
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Industry related certification a big PLUS!
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top