Lab Coordinator/ESD Tech
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
The US Defense Lab Services within the Electronic Systems Sector of BAE is currently seeking an individual with a working understanding of Electrostatic Discharge and its control.
The HW Engineering Lab ESD Technician / Lab Coordinator, will be responsible for developing, supporting and maintaining a new HW Engineering Lab ESD program for all US Defense HW Engineering supported labs. This individual will report to the Site Lab Manager (SLM) / ESD Program Lead. This role also may include supporting lab coordination activities in engineering labs in accordance with the US Defense Hardware Engineering Lab Manual (ELM). Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing ESD equipment selection and installations.
- Performing ESD certification/verification's.
- Execute ESD Lab audits.
- Support ESD Program Lead.
Provide Lab Coordination support as required which may include, but is not limited to:
- Assists in maintaining a safe, healthy and clean work environment.
- Ensure that the engineering lab complies with the policies and procedures in the Engineering Lab Manual.
- Ensure Lab Users working in the labs understand established lab Standard Operating Procedures.
- Identifies problem areas through the observation of lab activity.
- Monitors the labs for changes and compliance with ESD and FOD requirements as defined in the HW Engineering Lab S tandard Operating Procedure .
Required Skills and Education
- US citizenship is required
- Candidates MUST be eligible to obtain Secret DoD clearance.
- Requires High School or its equivalent and 2-5 years' experience working in a HW lab environment.
- Test equipment knowledge, with ability to cross reference test equipment capabilities.
- Organized team player, with a sense of continuous improvement and ready to make suggestions.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with ESD Certification/Verification in accordance with ANSI /ESD S20.20-2014.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top