Junior System Administrator (Combat System)
- Perform system administration functions to ensure a high level of availability of the simulation systems as appropriate and required for each supported facility.
- Receive, distribute, install, configure and maintain: operating systems across Windows and Linux platforms, simulation system, application computer programs, and user accounts on the simulation systems as appropriate and required for each supported facility.
- Perform Simulation system operation system installation and configuration and application system backups and restore for each simulation system as appropriate and required within each supported facility.
- Provide system administration technical assistance for test or training events at each supported facility.
- Perform Media Transfer Agent activities to transfer files to and from dissimilar networks.
- Maintain records of system administration activities on all assigned simulation systems, e.g., logs, configuration, software distribution.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Two (2) years specific experience as follows:
- Working technical knowledge of networking and PC operating systems, including Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012, and Redhat Linux.
- Work with help desk ticketing system for problem tracking and resolution.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues in a complex network environment.
- Able to install, support, and troubleshoot PC hardware components and peripherals.
- Provide support to user community by responding to requests for technical assistance.
- Able to apply patches and updates.
- Configure systems in accordance with DISA security policies.
- Active clearance.
- Redhat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA).
- Cisco Certifications Knowledge (CCNA, CCNP)
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+ or other related certifications
- Microsoft Windows Certifications (MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCIPT)
- Experience with DoD 8570 M Information Assurance requirement
- ACAS training.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top