Junior, Mid-Level, Senior Software Engineers
SEEKING ALL LEVELS OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERS!
The Software Engineer will provide software development support from concept through development and integration to deployment of a large complex system. The successful candidate will have demonstrable skills in use case development, CONOP development, requirements derivation, design, testing, and implementing business logic and Web User Interface (UI) for a security-related business processing application and will establish/manage/verify data in accordance with security regulations. Recent experience in an operational environment is strongly preferred. The Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting lifecycle development of capabilities using CMMI ML-3 processes in an Agile software development lifecycle (SDLC). The individual will analyze and study complex system requirements, use design software tools, provide support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques with the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools and will use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant, and reusable. The individual will provide software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
• Specific experience using programming languages and tools such as JAVA/JEE, SOAP, WSDL, WADL, and Oracle RDBMS
• Experience with User Interface development, knowledge of databases and structures, and experience working with XHTML, HTML, XML, XSLT, Windows, and UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Must have a solid understanding of sound software development principles and practices
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
*Polygraph clearance required****
Preferred Skills and Education
• Experience with the following: JEE, SQL, application servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss), scripting
• Experience with high level requirements management including requirements decomposition, secure systems engineering and development, trade-off analysis, interface control, and testing and continuous integration
• Experience in software development on Agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD.
• Experience with FITNesse, Mockito, and C++ preferred.
• Secure Software development (i.e. Layer 7 Policy)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top