Join BAE's Intelligence and Security Division and be part of the team of men and women who solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The Intelligence and Security division is searching for creative software developers to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer, with an opportunity to contribute to innovative projects that make an impact! We are looking for developers with a genuine passion to learn, create quality solutions, and solve tough challenges.
You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. In this role, you will deliver functional requirements and technical solutions by coordinating with product owners, product teams, and IT cross functional groups. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing (automation), deploying, and self-documenting working software. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgement to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.
What You'll Do:
- Work on everything from backend, user-interface, and content management to messaging and web services. You'll design, code, test and run the systems.
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technologies.
- Innovate. We constantly challenge our beliefs, assumptions, process and products with a prescient eye to the industry.
- "You build it, you own it" - Provide support to identify, resolve and communicate impacts to the business.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with build tools including Maven and Gradle
- Experience with CSS (2 or 3) and HTML (5)
- Experience with web containers like Apache Tomcat
- Practical understanding of object-oriented, multi-threaded, and asynchronous programming
- Working knowledge of GitHub using pull requests, feature branching and code versioning
- Familiarity with Jenkins for build/test/delivery automation
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Debugging and problem solving skills
- Must be curious and maintain a desire to learn!
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with frameworks including Angular2, Struts, Grails
- Familiarity with Groovy
- Working knowledge with scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python)
- Working knowledge of Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Working knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful web services, API development, and Messaging (JMS, SQS)
- Experience with Jetty and OpenSSL
- Familiarity with AWS platform
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.