Junior Aerospace Systems Engineer
We want your Systems Engineering talent for activities such as developing and managing systems level requirements, originating design concepts, developing algorithms, performing systems level integration/test and assisting in systems validation within the Controls and Avionics Solution organization.
Controls and Avionics Solutions provides flight and mission-critical products to more than 170 commercial and military customers around the world. CAS products include fly-by-wire flight controls, pilot controls (inceptor systems), full authority digital engine controls (FADEC), power management systems, flight deck systems, cabin management systems, weapon controls, autonomous flight systems, and mission systems the world’s most prominent commercial and military aircraft manufacturers.
Our growing business is located in the Greater Binghamton area which is home to several sports teams, shopping centers, a growing downtown, the State University of New York at Binghamton, several large healthcare employers and some of New York’s top-ranked school districts. The area enjoys a rich heritage with multiple diverse communities with local cuisine and festival celebrations. From the area to an hour out there is access to hiking, skiing, lakes, waterparks, casinos, golfing, camping and vineyards. A 9/80 work schedule gives employees a great opportunity to experience all that the region has to offer and provides a balanced work and family lifestyle.
Duties and responsibilities involve the following:
1. Performs systems engineering functions by doing one or more of the following:
a. Develop, allocate and manage moderately complex systems level requirements.
b. Review, develop and document system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Research and develop moderately complex systems designs and architectures.
d. Develop and analyze simple algorithms.
e. Prepare and/or review documentation for simple systems designs and architectures in accordance with established systems development processes and procedures.
f. Perform system/product integration.
g. Verify and validate moderately complex aspects of systems designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
h. Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and standards.
2. May support various specialty-engineering tasks; such as Reliability, Maintainability & Availability analysis, Integrated Logistics Support, Failure Analysis, Safety Engineering, and Training Development for moderately complex portions of the system.
3. May support site operations and sustainment activities at customer locations.
4. May assist with causal analysis and resolution activities.
5. Possess an understanding and demonstrated knowledge of basic systems engineering tools.
6. Prepare and/or deliver basic customer and technical presentations.
Candidates should possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Candidates should also demonstrate sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Experience in avionics or electronic control related development (2+years) including familiarity with avionic interfaces and data buses.
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation.
- Experience in integration and verification testing of electronic equipment including hardware/software.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with development of requirements.
- Working knowledge of high-order programming languages (C, C++, Ada)
- Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. Doors) and Configuration Management tools (i.e. Synergy)
- Knowledgeable in Real Time Operating Systems (VxWorks, Integrity…)
- Familiarity with DO-178B
- Familiar with data bus protocols (Arinc 429, Rs232 Mil_std 1553)
- Experience with development of formal verification procedures
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top